YOUR LINK TO RECOVERY
About Alcare Place
- Centrally located at 1374 Robie Street in Halifax, NS.
- Alcare Place can accommodate 11 residents.
- Living room with access to telephone, internet, books, and cable TV.
- Modern kitchen with full amenities. Clients assist in the preparation of meals.
- Dining room with seating for 11.
- 4 air-conditioned bedrooms. Bedrooms are shared by clients.
- There are 3 bathrooms assigned to each of the four bedrooms on the second floor.
- Laundry facilities, washer and dryer, are on site.
- Quiet backyard with picnic tables and lawn chairs.
- A fitness centre membership is provided upon request.
Alcare Place is operated by a volunteer Board of Directors and is staffed by a dedicated team of individuals with different educational backgrounds, religious views, cultural perspectives and life experiences.
We have a team of 2 full-time and 10 part-time/casual staff members.
The house is supervised 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Board of Directors
Chairperson: Walter Yeadon, LL.B
Vice-chairperson: James MacGowan, FCA, Partner at Deloitte
Treasurer: Melody Ma, CPA, Manager, Tax Operations at RBC
Secretary: Jade Pictou, Lawyer, McKillop Pictou Law Group
Director: Peter Jorna, Bsc Pharm. PhC., Pharmacist
Director: John MacDonald, MBA, Comptroller, 12 Wing Shearwater
Director: Timothy Ryan, PMP, Operations/Project Manager, McGregor Geoscience Ltd.
Director: Michael Smith, Retired Financial Investment Professional
Director: Dr. Sundeep Chohan, MD, Addiction Medicine/Primary Care Mental Health
Director: Mario Rolle, MSW RSW, Program Coordinator, NS Brotherhood Initiative
Director: Jennifer LeBlanc, MPA, Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy Canada
Alcare Place could not operate without the generous support of our friends, donors, sponsors and community partners:
- Nova Scotia Department of Health & Wellness
- Feed Nova Scotia
- Nova Guardian Pharmacy
- The Cosman Family Foundation
- John W. Lindsay YMCA
- The Levenhurst Foundation
- Office Interiors
- Aerobics First #fititforward
- United Way Atlantic Compassion Fund For Covid-19 Relief
- Government of Canada Emergency Community Support Fund
- Halifax Community Grants Program
- JW Murphy Foundation
- Efficiency NS
- Southwest Properties
Alcare Place provides a structured, client-centered residential recovery program focused on the development of essential life skills that support long-term success.
Helping adult males help themselves in the ongoing struggle for sobriety from alcohol, drugs, and gambling.
Supporting our clients throughout their treatment and showing them that they can incorporate themselves back into society and live in sobriety.
"By the time I was in my late twenties I was using drugs on a daily basis. My wife left with our daughters and I was all alone, depressed and without hope. I knew I needed help and a friend told me about Alcare Place. I stayed at Alcare for one year and I participated in all of their daily recovery groups and programs. My obsession to use drugs subsided and I learned how to live life on life's terms. Their programs saved my life. I have reunited with my family and I am becoming the loving, caring and responsible husband and father that I always wanted to be."